Perform any range of MIG or TIG welding on any range of materials, including the fusion of dissimilar metals. Regulate controls and manipulate equipment to make required welds on complex precision assemblies or vessels or structural units in accordance with prints and to meet exacting standards for strength and fusion.
- Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings, including weld requirement symbols.
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various metal alloys.
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set-up parameters (amps, volts, etc).
- Knowledge on use of conventional and precision measuring instruments.
- Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools.
- Must be able to fit, lay-out and fabricate structures/metal components.
- Temporarily tacks metal components/parts into place, then ‘fits’ them into proper position.
- Once fitting is complete permanent weld is completed on metal component.
- Performs any range of difficult and unusual hand fitting and welding operations.
- Plans operations, selects sets and prepares welding equipment supplies and materials.
- Position fits and clamps units for tack and permanent welds.
- Performs required tests, clean welds and moves materials and units as required.
Coil Fabricator Welder
- Same requirements as fitter/fabricator except working specifically with coils/burner units rather than general metal components.
- Mastery of skill (Mig/Flux Core welding techniques)
- Able to work from blueprints or shop drawings
- Pride in quality of work performed