Machine Shop Pro.
Heavy Equipment Manufacture
Orlando based manufacturing company is recruiting for an experienced Machinist for in-house specialty parts build. The Candidate will set-up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision and wear parts. Will operate primarily legacy equipment that is not CNC. Must be experienced with lathe & milling operations, drill press, and other shop tools. Will use both manual and automated equipment to ensure accurate finished product.
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of the machine, etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
Full Time position, benefit offerings, retirement savings, vacation.
- Proven experience as a machinist
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items