Field Service Technician
A Field Service Technician with Gencor Industries is an individual that travels to a job site to conduct repairs on heavy equipment. It does not require a move, and we try and keep employees in their geographic region, but it does have a regular travel requirement.
Work is primarily on Asphalt Plant equipment; drums, silos, conveyors, and heat transfer equipment. It can be quite specialized, but we provide good support for Field operators, and there is training.
Technicians must possess basic knowledge of metal fabrication/erection, electrical circuitry, process controls, PLC and computers. Ability to diagnose boiler, burner & heat exchanger problems. Electrical troubleshooting, technical and diagnostic skills are essential. Ability to identify problems at customer’s site and offer effective solutions. Must be willing to be hands-on when installing/repairing equipment. Must be prepared to work overtime and travel where Gencor equipment is installed. Valid Passport needed.
- Must have strong general electrical knowledge with experience in relay logic plus PLC controls and set up.
- Hands-on repair is part of the job and a strong mechanical background is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have an equivalent of no less than three (3) years of hands-on experience with technical/mechanical repairs.
- Ability to diagnose boiler, burner & heat exchanger problems.
- Must be organized and have good communication skills, including reading, writing and understanding service instructions.