The Mechanical Drafter will work as an integral part of our product engineering design teams. This is a full-time position with benefits that reports to an engineering manager.
- Provide drafting support for our mechanical engineering teams.
- Ensuring 3D models are built according to SOLIDWORKS 3D modeling design standards.
- Ensuring engineering drawings released to production control conform to ASME drawing standards.
- Process engineering change orders.
- Converting 2D drawings into SOLIDWORKS 3D Models.
- Ensuring proper dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Supporting the quality assurance review process, including modifying engineering designs prior to final release.
- 3-15 Years of mechanical drafting experience. Preference for experience with creation of engineering releases for heavy equipment fabrication.
- Excellent SOLIDWORKS 3D modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge of ASME drawing standards and the ability to apply those standards to engineering releases.
- Strong preference for candidates with an Associate in Science degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design or equivalent.
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate or ready to take and pass the exam as a condition of employment. Certified SOLIDWORKS Professional and Certified SOLIDWORKS Advanced Weldments and/or Sheet Metal a strong plus.
Fill out the form below to apply for this position.