The Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing all routine maintenance functions of the property and buildings including; HVAC/fire systems; vehicles; yard equipment, lift trucks, power tools and other machinery and equipment. The purpose of the position is to ensure the proper condition of building facilities and machinery and equipment to support daily manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for supervision of all maintenance personnel.
- Oversee work for any projects assigned to the maintenance department
- Bid out assigned Capital Improvement projects as required.
- Take ownership of all facility improvement projects and ensure that work is being completed properly and in a timely manner.
- Schedule and maintain all machinery and equipment in proper working condition.
- Establishes work schedules and assigns duties.
- Review work for thoroughness and coordinate work with other departments.
- Inspects facilities and equipment for deficiencies and recommend corrective actions; set work priorities.
- Manage and track repairs.
- Create preventive maintenance schedule.
- Utilize computer and other technologies to streamline processes.
- Approve contracts for any routine work completed by service providers.
- Order maintenance supplies and parts.
- Ensure staff is educated on safe working conditions.
- Provide any development/training needs to maintenance personnel.
- Keep informed on all work safety issues including OSHA guidelines and attend classes as required. Constantly keep abreast of changes in law and practices.
- Maintain all inspection records regarding elevators, fire system, paint, and hazardous waste disposal.
- Maintain all records regarding cranes, yard trucks and equipment.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Five years plus work experience in property management and/or machinery and equipment maintenance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (word and excel) and use of web-based services
- Strong analytical capabilities or an aptitude to develop such capabilities
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work weekends if needed
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the company
- Ability to problem solve by using creativity and independent thinking